This course serves as an advanced course on malware analysis. It is the final part in a three-course series. This course, Tier 3, focuses on the advanced and automated analysis of malicious code. The goal is to introduce more advanced malware analysis concepts to the student and to introduce them to documenting and reporting the results of a malware analysis task.
- Demonstrate knowledge of signature implementation impact for viruses, malware, and attacks
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures used for documenting and querying reported incidents, problems, and events.
- Demonstrate skill in identifying, capturing, containing, and reporting malware.
- Demonstrate skill in developing and deploying signatures.
- Demonstrate skill in analyzing memory dumps to extract information.
- Demonstrate skill in analyzing volatile data.
- Demonstrate skill in reading and interpreting signatures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the task of isolating and removing malware.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the task of providing technical documents, incident reports, findings from computer examinations, summaries, and other situational awareness information to higher headquarters.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the task of construction of signatures which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools in response to new or observed threats within the network environment or enclave.