To be an effective leader, you must be able to manage relationships in a positive way. This means working on your emotional quotient (EQ) by improving your self-awareness, empathy, and ability to deal sensitively with the feelings of others. This course provides you with an understanding of why emotional intelligence (EI) abilities are crucial to your success as a leader. It also provides you with practical, positive techniques for promoting and improving your emotional intelligence quotient (EIQ) so you can navigate emotions and relationships within you business environment.
Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
- recognize why emotional intelligence is important in the workplace
- identify examples of the domains associated with emotional intelligence
- recognize examples of techniques for developing self-perception
- match ways of enhancing social perception to examples
- identify techniques you can use to help control your emotions
- recognize techniques that demonstrate emotional intelligence in facilitating
- recognize how to use emotional intelligence effectively in your workplace
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.