This course provides students with an understanding of security concepts and practices in general and those specific to database security in a highly detailed implementation. Students will learn fundamental principles of database security and how to develop database applications embedding from simple to sophisticated security and auditing models using advanced database systems and software tools.
Offered fully online or hybrid (1 lecture/week), 3 Credit hours. Instructor led.
- Evaluate vulnerabilities of Database Management Systems.
- Evaluate vulnerabilities of database driven applications.
- Describe the methods for controlling database security.
- Understand principles of database auditing.
- Develop and implement a security plan for an enterprise level database (password policies, auditing policies, user privileges, profile, and roles).
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.