Get hands-on instruction and practice planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise infrastructure in this 5-day Microsoft Official course. This course is part one in a series of two courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to design and implement a Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment. The two courses collectively cover designing, planning, deploying, securing, monitoring, automating, and virtualizing an enterprise server infrastructure. This course covers the knowledge and skills needed to provide an enterprise solution that supports manual and automated server installations in a physical and virtual environment including the supporting file and storage services.
You will also learn the skills necessary to provide enterprise networking solutions such as DHCP, IPAM, VPN, and DirectAccess. You will also learn the skills necessary to design and implement a forest and domain infrastructure including multi domains/forest and branch office scenarios. This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Exam 413: Designing and Implementing and Server Infrastructure, which is the fourth of five exams required for MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification.
NOTE: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 and have an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills.
- Plan server upgrade and migration
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution
- Design and implement name resolution
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU) infrastructure
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy
- Design and implement an AD DS physical topology
- Plan and implement storage and file services
- Design and implement network protection
- Design and implement remote access services
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.