This 2-day course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business perspective, the technical organization, and operating and governing virtualization. This course enables participants to successfully complete the associated Virtualization Essentials exam to become a Virtualization Essentials Professional (VEP) with the Cloud Credential Council. This course complements the Cloud Essentials course, and can be taken before or after taking this course.
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of virtualization
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features
- Understand the implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications, and recognize issues, challenges, and opportunities for managing this
- Comprehend the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities for managing this
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques, and understand the implications for an organization
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact on an organization
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.