This exciting and dynamic 3-day course, fully updated for ITIL 2011, introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.