This interactive workshop, leading to the ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioners examination is aimed at practicing IT practitioners who assist organizations to prepare for or retain ISO/IEC 20000 certification. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to ensure that the candidate has sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and its application to be able to analyze and apply their knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
The course covers the interpretation and application of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and enables practitioners to develop the Service Management capability of an organization and assess its readiness for certification within the ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme.
Internal auditors involved in preparing an organization for ISO/IEC 20000 certification might find this course more appropriate than the APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor course. An exam will be conducted at the end of the training.
- Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the standard
- Assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000 and certification
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices in common use and related standards.
- Explain and apply the requirements of Part 1
- Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 200000 certification readiness assessments
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Understand, create and apply a service management plan
- Assist and advise organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes
- Prepare organizations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG Certification Scheme