This 5-day, hands-on course is designed to prepare participants for the SY0-301 Security+ exam and teach the fundamental principles of installing and configuring computer and network security systems. This courseware bears the seal of CompTIA Approved Quality Content. The seal signifies that this content covers 100% of the exam objectives and implements important instructional design principles. CompTIA recommends multiple learning tools to help increase coverage of the learning objectives. The contents of this training material were created for the CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-301 exam covering the 2011 Edition Security+ certification exam objectives.
- Identifying network attack strategies and defenses
- Understanding the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies
- Knowing the technologies and uses of encryption standards and products
- Identifying network- and host-based security technologies and practices
- Describing how remote access security is enforced
- Describing the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies
- Identifying strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.