This 2-day interactive course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business and technical perspectives of cloud computing. It also explains how to adopt, operate, and govern the cloud. The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated CompTIA® Cloud Essentials Exam to become Cloud Essentials Certified. In addition, the course complements the Virtualization Essentials course, which may be taken either before or after taking this course.
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing
- Understand the business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing
- Understand cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing and understand the implications for organizations
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing and its financial and strategic impact on an organization
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.