The 3-day Cloud Developer course is designed for application developers who are designing and developing applications for cloud environments. This training covers best practices on application design for cloud environments and supports many vendor technology solutions, covering Open Source and major Vendor Standards. The principles covered in the course apply to the entire application lifecycle, and are relevant to any technology or platform. The course material includes various reference materials that help to continue participants’ educational experience when they are back at work after completion of the course. The course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Developer Certification (PCD) Exam provided by the Cloud Credential Council. The PCD is endorsed, recognized and supported by several key technology vendors and standards bodies. The content for this course, as well as the PCD certification is based on the cloud standards developed by NIST.
- Understand Cloud Architecture Patterns, caching, Restful services and session management, together with security and compliance fundamentals in cloud
- Apply and analyze knowledge about database integrations, messaging in cloud environment, and scalable coding
- Understand development monetization techniques and license models
- Apply knowledge about semantic web and ontologies
- Understand development and deployment in IaaS
- Understand tenant aware application development, interoperable cloud code and application architecture models in PaaS
- Understand Software development in SaaS, Development of APIs and Mashups together with understanding of cloud service catalogues and application marketplaces
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.