This course serves as an introductory course on malware analysis. It is the first part in a three-course series. This course, Tier 1, focuses on the core concepts of malicious software and the mechanisms for assessing whether or not an unknown file is suspicious and requiring deeper analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge that technology can be exploited.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different classes of attacks (e.g., passive, active, insider, close-in, distribution attacks).
- Demonstrate knowledge of cyber-attack stages.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ways in which targets or threats use the Internet.
- Demonstrate knowledge of structure, approach, and strategy of exploitation tools
- Demonstrate skill in assessing and/or estimating effects generated during and after cyber operations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the task of performing file signature analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the task of performing virus scanning on digital media.