This course focuses on the fundamentals of network defense, covering topics from network protocol vulnerabilities, perimeter security, host hardening, and policies, legal and ethical aspects of network defense. The course lectures are supplemented with hands-on exercises to reinforce the learning process.
- Explain protocol functionalities and vulnerabilities in the TCP/IP stack.
- Explain various concepts of network defense.
- Demonstrate use of network packet capture tool.
- Explain various concepts of host hardening.
- Explain concepts and techniques of perimeter security.
- Define and interpret ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements pertaining to network defense.