Examines the ever changing, fast pace technology in relation to cybercrimes and cyber terrorism. Students will explore the threats of cybercrime, bullying, and terrorism and the mitigating countermeasures used against such threats. The course will also include the review and analysis of current cyber policy issues in both the public and private sectors.
- Understand cyber threat attack analysis, manage countermeasures, and mitigate risks of such threats and attacks.
- Understanding attacks on corporate and private industry IT enterprise and manipulation of their IT systems.
- Understanding the differences between criminal activity and cyber terrorism.
- Understanding and mitigating attacks on the US information infrastructure.
- Understanding and mitigating attacks on foreign country’s national information networks.
- Creating Cyber Crime and Terrorism Threat and Risk Assessments and Mitigation Plans.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.