This course builds on material covered in ENSE621/ENPM641, emphasizing the topics of requirements engineering, system-level design and trade-off analysis.
- Requirements engineering processes;
- Representation and organization of requirements;
- Implementation and applications of traceability;
- Capabilities of commercial requirements;
- Engineering software;
- System-level design;
- Design structure matrices;
- Principles of modular design;
- Component- and interface-based design methods;
- Multi-objective optimization-based design and tradeoff;
- Approaches to system redesign in response to changes in requirements, reliability, trade-off analysis,and optimization-based design.
Students will complete a project focusing on the development of requirements and their traceability to the system-level design of an engineering system.
Complete a project focusing on the development of requirements and their traceability to the system-level design of an engineering system.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.