An introduction to the professional and academic aspects of systems engineering.
- Systems engineering activities, opportunities and drivers;
- Case studies of systems failures;
- Models of system lifecycle development;
- Introduction to model-based systems engineering;
- Representations for system structure, system behavior, system interfaces and systems integration;
- Reactive (even-driven) systems, systems-of-systems, measures of system complexity;
- Visual modeling of engineering systems with UML and SySML;
- Simplified procedures for engineering optimization and tradeoff analysis.
Software tools for visual modeling of systems with UML and SySML. Students will complete a project for the front-end development of an engineering system using ULM/SySML.
Overview of the professional and academic aspects of systems engineering.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.