Implement and configure a cloud environment based on specifications. Analyze current workloads, migrate existing IT systems to the cloud, and configure new systems or services to enhance business operations. Manage the implementation of the cloud to ensure successful deployment. Configure features for elasticity, availability, and scalability using industry-standard techniques, best practices, and tools.
Learning outcomes for this course include:
- Communication: Students can communicate clearly in writing and speaking, meeting expectations for content, purpose, organization, audience, and format.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis: Students can apply logical processes to formulate clear, defensible ideas based on the analysis of facts and ethical considerations.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Students can use mathematical information, operations, and quantitative analyses to solve problems and inform decision-making.
- Organizational Infrastructure Alignment: Students can analyze the organization's infrastructure needs that enhance processes, effectiveness, and strategy.
- Cloud Technologies: Students can assess cloud technologies, including cloud services, deployment models, virtualization, and other underlying technologies.
- Cloud Planning and Design: Students can manage the processes involved in the planning and design of a cloud infrastructure.
- Cloud Development and Implementation: Students can develop and implement a cloud infrastructure design.
- Cloud Operation, Maintenance, and Disposition: Students can manage aspects of a cloud infrastructure operation.