In this course, students explore advanced techniques and tools for identifying and categorizing vulnerabilities which allow penetration of networked systems and environments.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- To evaluate the role of basic networking and operating system functions in defining and qualifying security risks.
- To gain knowledge of network and system vulnerability assessment terms and techniques.
- To gain experience in the use of standard and advanced tools, techniques and methodologies that support the delivery of network and system vulnerability assessments.
- To gain experience in the use of a repeatable methodology for performing detailed network and system vulnerability assessments.
- To utilize a systematic approach to testing for vulnerability false-positives