In this course, students examine the role of security policies, standards, and procedures in addressing business and technical risks and develop a security governance report to evaluate compliance across the enterprise.
By the end of this course, the student should know or can:
- Summarize how to conduct an investigation, including critiquing a case
- Describe components used to build a business case for developing a forensics lab
- Explain guidelines for seizing digital evidence at the scene
- Describe methods for validating and testing digital forensics tools
- Describe standard procedures in network forensics and network-monitoring tools
- Explain how to approach investigating social media communications