In this course, doctoral students are introduced to the purpose and nature of primary research in Information Security. Students explore the foundations and concepts of applied field research.The Qualifying Exam is administered at the end of this course.
By the end of this course, the student should know or be able to:
- To assess what constitutes a non-trivial and feasible research problem
- To formulate appropriate research questions for field research studies
- To distinguish the characteristics of dependent and independent variables
- To construct testable hypotheses appropriate for field research
- To develop an understanding of the research paradigm and how it applies to the field research process