In this course, students analyze the principles of change management as they apply to the requirements and regulations of information security. Students evaluate the factors which affect corporate decision-making when implementing security programs and the ability of the manager to translate corporate needs into information security projects.
By the end of this course, the student should know or be able to:
- To analyze the factors influencing the need for change and the imperatives for managing information security change initiatives in the workplace.
- To evaluate the need for specific Information Security change initiative at the group and organizational level.
- To evaluate how the proposed change aligns with corporate leadership goals and culture.
- To develop a change strategy and identify potential resistance factors to be managed.
- To create appropriate models to implement sustainable Information Security change initiative.