In this course, students explore tools and strategies for Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) activities. Topics include business impact assessment methods, recovery strategy approaches and solutions and continuity planning.
By the end of this course, the student will be able:
- Describe the role of information security policy in the development of contingency plans
- Discuss why an individual or group needs to be appointed to create a contingency plan
- Describe the techniques used for data and application backup and recovery
- List the skills and components required to devise an incident response plan
- Describe the need for providing wide access to the planning documents while securing the sensitive content of the disaster recovery plans
- Describe the methodology used to construct the business continuity policy and plan