Focus on human, social, and behavioral issues related to cybersecurity including organizational management techniques, motives for cyber crimes, risk and threat analysis, and ethics and legal issues. Top modeling and simulation techniques and some relevant psychological issues including human systems integration and human computer interaction will be applied as they relate to securing data, computers, and the networks on which these reside.
- Explore interdisciplinary issues for conducting research in behavioral aspects of cybersecurity.
- Apply appropriate analysis techniques to data to spot insider threats.
- Understand cyber hacker motivations and techniques.
- Be able to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams toward project completion.
- Write research reports/articles.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.