This course is an introduction to the basic concepts of reverse engineering. Emphasis is placed on methodologies, and tools. This course will not go in depth on any tool specific, but be an introduction to the skills required for reversing. Students will use various tools to accomplish multiple reversing labs.
- Explanation of reverse engineering methodology
- Identification and Use of Reverse Engineering Tools and Applications
- Setting up and Isolating a Reverse Engineering Environment
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
- Combining Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Anti-Debugging Methods
- PSP Avoidance Methods
- Virtual Machine Detection Methods
- Reuse and Repurposing of Reversed Binaries
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.