The Metasploit Framework course was developed to provide students with an introduction to an exploitation framework or suite of penetration testing tools commonly used by penetration testers. This course provides students with an in-depth overview of the capabilities and contents of the Metasploit Framework and shows them how to install it, maneuver within it and maintain it. The course is designed as a precursor to the Penetration Testing Methodology course which uses the Metasploit Framework to teach students how to target, infiltrate and expand access within networks.
- What is the Metasploit Framework
- Installation and Set Up
- Getting Started with Metasploit
- Overview of Tools and Capabilities
- Navigation within the Various Menus and Directories
- Penetration Testing and Exploitation Methodology Terminology
- Updating Metasploit
- Where to Find Documentation and Additional Information
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.