This 5-Day CompTIA Authorized A+ course prepares students to pass the A+ Exam from CompTIA through a combination of lecture, review, drill sessions, extensive mentoring, practice questions and answer sessions. We are a CompTIA Authorized Training Provider using courseware that is constantly updated to make sure we are covering and synchronized with the latest exam objectives. We will provide the right amount of training needed for you to Test with Confidence. Each attendee will have the opportunity to take the A+ certification exam on the last day of class.
CompTIA A+ certification validates foundation-level knowledge and skills necessary for a career in IT support. It is the starting point for a career and proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. In order to receive CompTIA A+ certification a candidate must pass two exams, CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ Practical Application.
- Identify types and characteristics of PC components: motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices.
- Install and configure peripheral devices.
- Identify types and characteristics of portable computers.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, and Microsoft Windows 7.
- Perform basic PC maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Understand fundamental principles of securing IT systems and working safely.
- Communicate effectively with customers.Install and configure print devices.
- Understand fundamental principles of implementing LANs and internet access.
- Manage and optimize Windows using command line tools, administrative consoles, and Remote Desktop.
- Manage and optimize disks and volumes using command line tools and administrative consoles.
- Diagnose and resolve Windows troubleshooting scenarios.
- Use anti-virus tools to prevent and recover from malware infections.
- Configure and troubleshoot local network and wireless connections and client applications.
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources.
- Configure and troubleshoot access control measures, such as BIOS security, authentication, encryption, and firewalls.
- Perform preventive maintenance using approved tools and products.
- Assemble, disassemble, and upgrade PC and notebook components.
- Configure and update BIOS/CMOS.Troubleshoot, optimize, and upgrade hardware.
- Troubleshoot and maintain printers