This is the "must have" course for all developers. Cyber security can no longer be an afterthought but must be
integrated into every part of a developer's process to ensure successful software and code development.
Developers will learn how to identify vulnerabilities and code flaws as well as how to correct the underlying issues. Each student will take on the role of an attacker and see the security of their environment from the outside. As vulnerabilities and flaws arise, the student moves into demonstrating how the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) provides developers with the tools to successfully develop applications that are difficult or impossible to hack.
This is a hands-on lab based course that provides skill enhancement through hands-on teaching so knowledge is not just heard but really learned. Developers have a chance to see for themselves how attackers think and how the framework protects the application, as well as where the framework falls short.
This course also satisfies section 6.5 of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Language agnostic
- Customized to your languages and platforms
- 50% hands-on coding labs
- 23 hours of CPE credits for certification renewal
- Certificate of completion
- Includes courseware
Upon course completion students will:
- Understand security concerns, including the PCI DSS Understand and know the common vulnerabilities
- Understand the underlying code flaws that enable vulnerabilities
- Be able to correctly code to avoid flaws
- Be able to spot code with potential flaws
- Be able to use various tools, libraries, and frameworks to better secure systems and code