This fast paced, high energy, hands-on course provides not only the foundation needed for a top performing software defined datacenter, it also provides the latest in virtualization and cloud technologies which gives the engineer or administrator the knowledge and skills needed to design and manage the
datacenter for tomorrow's needs. This course will cover everything from design, installation, configuration, best practices, performance monitoring, and just about everything in between!
- ies in virtualization and cloud infrastructures
- Foundational concepts in virtualization and cloud technologies
- Designing your infrastructure for today and tomorrow
- How to install ESXi
- How to configure the virtual network with performance and security in mind
- How to configure storage with performance and security in mind
- How vCLI and PowerCLI can help do the job faster
- When to make use of advanced features such as DRS, DPM, Distributed Switches, Fault Tolerance and other key features
- How Multipathing to storage devices works and when it should be used
- How vMotion and SvMotion functions
- Hot to perform backups and what 3rdparty tools work best
- How vVols can make a difference in your datacenter
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.