HTML5 is one of the hot web technologies and is widely gaining acceptance across mobile and web. In our course you will start with basic HTML tags. You will learn how to create HTML websites and use CSS in your work before we start discussing HTML5. We do not assume any prior knowledge so we go through the concepts from the beginner's point of view. In HTML5 we start with new tags and forms.
- To understand the importance of the web as a medium of communication.
- To understand the principles of creating an effective web page, including an in-depth consideration of information architecture.
- To become familiar with graphic design principles that relate to web design and learn how to implement these theories into practice.
- To develop skills in analyzing the usability of a web site.
- To learn the language of the web: HTML and CSS.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.