Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) v1.0 is an instructor-led training course presented by Cisco training partners to their end customers. This five-day course and 7.5 hours of self-paced e-learning is designed to help students prepare for Cisco CCNP certification. The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP curriculum. The ROUTE course is designed for network engineers with at least one year of professional work experience, who are ready to advance their skills and work independently on complex network solutions. Students will learn to plan, configure and verify the implementation of secure enterprise LAN and WAN routing solutions using a range of routing protocols. Course also covers configuration of solutions to support branch offices and mobile workers.
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multi-area routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS features to control the path.
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.