This hands-on course focuses on establishing and using test and audit policies to minimize vulnerability to intrusion and maximize intrusion detection. Course covers basics of testing a network security environment, including installation, configuration, and utilization of software tools for testing and auditing. Internal and external security auditing is also discussed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced security concepts
- Explain cybersecurity, including its origins, trends, culture, and legal implications
- Describe the basic categories of vulnerabilities associated with cybersecurity (i.e., hardware, software, network, physical and organizational)
- Describe the process and scope of cybersecurity disaster recovery plan and cybersecurity business continuity plan
- Identify gaps and vulnerabilities in security
- Create a risk management framework
- Explain the essential elements of forensic analysis
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.