This course is designed to prepare you to apply and understand the basics of computer network security. The course covers aspects of computer crime, cyber-crime culture, basic networking topics, disaster planning, viruses, and denial of service attacks, firewalls, network address translation fundamentals, intrusion detection fundamentals, remote access and windows security.
- Define basic and advanced security concepts
- Explain cybersecurity including origins, trends, and culture and legal implications
- Demonstrate proficiency in responding to cybersecurity incidents
- Explain contingency planning and its components
- Explain containment, eradication, recovery and system restoration
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.