To resolve many of the threats and challenges that your organization will likely have to face, it’s essential that you develop a business strategy that incorporates a clear vision, new ideas, and innovative solutions.
This course explores the characteristics of strategic thinking, as well as the traits you need to plan and implement an effective strategy. It also covers how to develop your capacity for thinking strategically through creative thinking, being prepared to deal with complexity, and being aware of what's going on inside and outside your organization.
Learning to Think Strategically
- recognize characteristics of strategic thinking
- recall traits of strategic thinkers
- recognize techniques you can use to develop a clear vision in order to enhance strategic thinking
- identify methods of becoming a strategic thinker through being creative
- select ways of dealing with complexity in order to become a strategic thinker
- recognize strategic thinking techniques involving knowing what's going on in your organization
- use methods to develop your strategic thinking skills
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.