Managing projects is challenging, and even with good budgeting and scheduling, things can go wrong. The truth is, the path to closing a project is rarely straightforward; most projects go a little astray at some point along the way. In this course, you'll learn some tricks for correcting schedule variances and how to determine if your project is over or under budget. You'll also learn about successfully closing a healthy project and how to tell whether your project should be cancelled.
Controlling Time, Costs, and Close-out
- recognize methods for getting a project schedule back on track
- recall how to calculate values used in earned value management (EVM)
- calculate a project's cost performance index
- recognize when it is appropriate to cancel a project
- identify appropriate activities that accompany completion of work on a project
- identify administrative activities that should be carried out during project wrap-up
- recognize methods for effectively controlling schedule and cost performance and closing a project
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.