Candidates should be aware of the various security features available to best secure a SQL Server database. A layered security approach, firewall rules, and role-based security are a few topics covered in this course.
Secure SQL Server Databases
- start the course
- describe the layered approach to security
- configure firewall rules
- demonstrate how to configure firewalls using portals
- use PowerShell to configure a firewall
- use Transact SQL to configure a firewall
- use REST API to configure a firewall
- demonstrate how to manage users and permissions as they relate to database security
- configure transparent database encryption
Practice: SQL Database Security
- demonstrate how to implement SQL Database security features
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.