This course introduces Spark security. In this course, you will learn about securing Spark UI, event logs, and configuring SSL settings. You will also learn about YARN deployments, SASL encryption, and network security.
Introduction to Spark Security
- start the course
- secure the Spark UI by limiting access using a firewall
- set permissions on the directory where the event logs are stored
- configure the SSL settings
- configure a shared secret for Spark authentication
- configure spark.authenticate
- enable SASL encryption for a Spark application
- configure the primary ports Spark uses for communication
Practice: Configuring Spark Security
- configure Spark security
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.