In this course, you'll discover various ways of filtering command line data. Common shell script constructs such as if statements and loops will also be explored.
Advanced Unix Commands
- start the course
- recognize regex syntax for searching and filtering
- recognize which Unix commands are used for filtering and formatting
- filter data using grep
- filter data using awk
- run Unix commands in the background
Unix Shell Scripts
- specify how shell scripts are created and how they execute
- recognize variable scopes and how they are used
- use if statements to control script flow
- use loops to iterate through a set of commands
- configure and execute a shell script
Practice: Filtering and Automation
- filter data and create shell scripts
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.