Windows Server 2016 offers the power of Windows Server in the Windows 10 era. Explore Windows Server 2016 disk and volume configuration, which feature a versatile set of tools and options for a variety of modern data storage needs.
Server 2016: Install, Store, and Compute: Disk & Volume Configuration
- understand the implications of and configure sector sizes
- understand and configure GUID partition table (GPT) disks
- create VHD and VHDX files using Disk Management
- create VHD and VHDX files using Windows PowerShell Storage module cmdlets
- mount virtual hard disks using MOUNT-VHD
- determine when to use NTFS and ReFS file systems
- configure NFS and SMB shares using Server Manager
- configure SMB server and SMB client configuration settings using Windows PowerShell
- configure Share and NTFS Permissions
- verifying combined NTFS and Share permissions
- Determine Effective Permissions for a given scenario
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.