Discover client protection practices including encryption, and explore malware concepts such as viruses, spyware, worms, and adware.
Security Fundamentals: Encryption and Malware
- identify characteristics of EFS
- distinguish between different encryption methods
- identify characteristics and uses of VPN and encryption algorithms
- recognize certificate properties and services policy best practices
- recognize characteristics of token devices
- lock down devices to run only trusted applications
- recognize characteristics of buffer overflow
- distinguish between characteristics of worms, trojans, and spyware
- understand viruses and polymorphic viruses
- understand ransomware and adware
- distinguish between rootkits, backdoors, and zero-day attacks
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.