Discover client protection practices, including methods for dealing with malware, anti-virus for client protection, using UAC and explore fundamental best practices for e-mail protection.
Security Fundamentals: Client and Email Security
- distinguish between types of malware
- identify characteristics of viruses
- enable and disable UAC
- use Windows Update/Windows Server Update Service
- encrypt offline files and folders
- recognize benefits of software restriction policies
- protect system against unwanted software installations
- identify characteristics of spam filtering
- recognize characteristics of spoofing
- distinguish between phishing and pharming
- identify the advantages and disadvantages of both client and server protection
- describe how SPF records function
- describe how PTR records function
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.