Scala mixes programming paradigms, and so presents a challenge to programmers coming from any other language. This course explores sbt, dependencies, ensime, and scala.js
- start the course
- download and install sbt
- use common options in a sbt project
- manage dependencies in sbt
- download a Scala project from Github and compile it with sbt
- create a Scala application with Lightbend activator
- configure Scala in emacs with ensime
- import sbt projects into the Eclipse based Scala IDE
- create a basic Scala.js application with Scala
- including a Scala.js project in a web browser
- manipulate the DOM with Scala.js
Practice: sbt and 'for' expressions
- create a Scala sbt project that creates a basic Scala.js application
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.