Scala mixes programming paradigms, and so presents a challenge to programmers coming from any other language. This course explores for expressions and parallel computation.
Streams and Lazy Evaluation
- start the course.
- explore how to work with Scala streams
- use lazy evaluation in Scala
- use the basic Scala "for" expression
- use startsWith, endsWith, and indexOf inside a Scala "for" expression
- use the Scala "for" expression with various collections
- utilize the Scala map method
- utilize the Scala flatMap method
- utilize the Scala withFilter method
- utilize the Scala fold method
- utilize the Scala reduce method
- perform a parallel computation in Scala
- carry out a parallel sort in Scala
- explore the use of parallel collections in Scala
- work with parallel programming in Scala
Functional Reactive Programming
- utilize Scala.rx for FRP
Practice: sbt and 'for' expressions
- apply a transform method over a Scala List with map and withFilter
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.