Software development requires the use of data types and flow control in order to build most applications. Explore the Ruby data types and how to manipulate them using flow control and Ruby's built-in methods.
Ruby Full Stack Development: Flow Control and Data Types
- repeat tasks in a loop mechanism using for, times, upto, and downto in Ruby
- use the while, unless, and until statements to repeat tasks in Ruby
- use the ternary operator and case statement to make decisions in Ruby
- use sequence ranges to walk through data sets in Ruby
- use the Ruby associative array data type to store and use a built-in key-value store
- work with and manipulate arrays in Ruby
- understand how to use encoding methods in Ruby
- use built-in mathematical methods on numeric values in Ruby
- manipulate strings using the built-in string methods in Ruby
- identify how bang methods are identified by convention and used in Ruby
- recognize the importance of the ? In Ruby, and why and when this convention should be used
- use flow control and data manipulating methods to create simple Ruby apps
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.