The third step to take when managing risk, once you’ve identified and assessed risks to your organization, is to deal with them appropriately. Some risks may have a higher probability of becoming a reality than others, while others may have more of a negative impact. You’ll need to treat each of these types of risks differently. This course covers how to create an effective strategy for responding to risk, such as risk exposure adjustment and contingency planning. It also outlines specific strategic plans for dealing with a risk that may be a threat or an opportunity.
Dealing with Risk
- match examples of avoiding threats to the appropriate methods
- recognize methods of transferring threats
- identify ways of mitigating threats
- match types of threat acceptance to examples
- sequence the responses to opportunities
- recognize how to effectively use contingency response strategies
- use techniques to effectively respond to risks
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.