The requirements life cycle guides business analysts in managing requirements throughout their life span. Using the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) as an aid to analyzing the business ensures the relationships between requirements and designs are understood, traced, and approved, so that solutions meet stakeholder needs.
In this course, you'll learn about the analysis and analytics tasks in the requirements lifecycle management knowledge area.
Requirements Life Cycle Management Overview
- recognize characteristics of the requirements life cycle
- identify the considerations for tracing requirements
- recognize guidelines and techniques for performing the trace requirements task
Maintaining and Prioritizing Requirements
- distinguish between the techniques you use to identify requirements for reuse
- identify the considerations for prioritizing requirements
- distinguish between the tools and techniques you can use to perform the prioritize requirements task
Assessing and Approving Requirements
- identify the considerations for performing the assess requirements changes task
- identify the guidelines you use to perform the assess requirements changes task
- recognize the BA's responsibilities in approving requirements
- identify how you use guidelines and techniques to approve requirements
- demonstrate your understanding of the tasks you perform during business analysis requirements life cycle management
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.