A major feature of Apache Kafka is building real-time applications that react to data streams. In this course, you will discover how to create real-time applications in Kafka.
Real-time Kafka Applications
- start the course
- describe the real-time capabilities of Kafka
- install and set up the Twitter Streaming API and framework to create a real-time Twitter application
- create a Kafka Producer to process tweets
- create a Consumer to transfer tweets to Spark
- use Spark to process tweets and take action on specific words
- create a Consumer to transfer tweets to Storm
- use Storm to process the words in incoming tweets
- use Kafka, Spark, and Storm in a pipeline to process words in a sentence
Practice: Real-time Apps for Kafka
- create a simple real-time application using Kafka, Spark, and Storm
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.