A major feature of Apache Kafka is building real-time applications that react to data streams. In this course, you will discover how to create real-time applications in Kafka.
Real-time Kafka Applications
- start the course
- describe the real-time capabilities of Kafka
- install and set up the Twitter Streaming API and framework to create a real-time Twitter application
- create a Kafka Producer to process tweets
- create a Consumer to transfer tweets to Spark
- use Spark to process tweets and take action on specific words
- create a Consumer to transfer tweets to Storm
- use Storm to process the words in incoming tweets
- use Kafka, Spark, and Storm in a pipeline to process words in a sentence
Practice: Real-time Apps for Kafka
- create a simple real-time application using Kafka, Spark, and Storm
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.