Strong customer relationships are key to projecting service excellence. Building rapport is essential and requires knowing your customers, understanding their situations, and providing an empathetic ear for them to voice their concerns. In this course, you'll learn how to improve client service (CS) by building rapport with customers. It covers paying close attention to customer needs, connecting with the customer, and being positive. You'll also learn how to empathize with customers by relating your own experiences, reflecting their emotions back to them, and normalizing their difficulties.
Building Rapport with Customers
- recall how to demonstrate to customers that they have your full attention
- recognize strategies for connecting with customers
- identify strategies for being positive and friendly in customer service
- recognize guidelines for empathizing with customers by relating your own experiences
- identify how to show you understand customers' feelings by reflecting their emotions
- recognize guidelines for normalizing customers' difficulties
- recognize guidelines for building rapport with customers
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.