This course covers best practice industry standards for quality and process improvement that can be used for effective project management. This course will assist learners in preparing for the PMI® PMP® certification exam. PMBOK, PMI, PMP, CAPM are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Tools for Quality Improvement
- recognize activities that are part of the Lean methodology
- match Lean principles to their descriptions
- recognize key characteristics of the Six Sigma methodology
- recognize quality management practices that result in continuous improvement
- recognize characteristics of a Kanban-pull system
- identify the types of information revealed by a value stream map
- identify key principles of the ISO 9000 quality standard
- recognize characteristics of CMMI®
- identify examples of BSI standards
- recognize the purpose of the IEEE quality standards
- demonstrate your understanding of various quality management tools and systems
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.