If you're responsible for managing projects, understanding the project basics is essential. Project management is affected at every stage by the organization, the social environment, the project stakeholders, and many other aspects of the context in which the project is carried out. The CAPM® is an asset that will enhance your credibility and effectiveness in project management, as CAPM training helps you understand what you need to know before planning begins. This course covers key project management concepts and terms, and provides information about the variables that can influence project outcomes.
This course will assist learners in preparing for the PMI® PMP® certification exam.
Overview of Project Management
- recognize characteristics of projects
- recognize responsibilities of effective project managers
- distinguish between the three types of project management competencies
- recognize characteristics of portfolios and programs
- distinguish between project stakeholder roles
- recognize organizational stakeholder roles
- identify aspects of organizational culture that will influence a project
- recognize examples of enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets
- recognize organizational structure types
- recognize characteristics of the Agile methodology
- demonstrate your understanding of foundational project management concepts
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.