A critical aspect of most enterprise applications is data access. Discover how you can implement data access in your C# applications using IO operations and learn how to consume the data.
Programming in C#: Implementing Data Access
- use the FileStream class to read from and write to files on a file system
- use the WebRequest class
- parse network credentials safely
- use GZIPStream
- implement asynchronous programming with C#
- use a LINQ query to select database data
- use anonymous types in a select statement
- update database records through the Entity Framework model
- use LINQ query operators to operate on data sequences and query .NET arrays and collections
- force LINQ query execution
- consume data from a web service
- create an extension method to add functionality to a class without extending it through inheritance
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.