JMeter is a powerful Apache open-source tool used in testing and analysis for application services. This course introduces you to Apache JMeter and performance testing, including installing and configuring the tool to create a basic test.
Exploring Performance Testing
- Start the course.
- define performance testing, conditions, architecture, and how they're used to test a system
- describe main testing types including load and stress testing, their differences, and when to use them
- describe the steps in the performance testing cycle and the metrics that are measured in testing systems
- describe best practices associated with performance testing
Setting Up Apache JMeter
- define JMeter concepts and what it's used for in performance testing
- list the requirements for installing JMeter for Linux, Mac OS, and Windows, and the process of installing and configuring JAVA JDK
- perform the procedure of installing JDK8 on Ubuntu Linux in preparation for JMeter
- perform the procedure of installing JMeter for the Ubuntu Linux operating systems
- perform the procedure of installing JMeter for the Mac OS X operating system
- perform the procedure of installing JMeter for the Windows 10 operating systems
- demonstrate configuring required and optional environment variables, and optimize JMeter performance
- recognize how to run JMeter in non-gui mode and the various basic commands and scripts available
JMeter Test Executions
- define JMeter test plan and the process in creating your first test plan from a template
- demonstrate the process of creating a simple test plan
Practice: JMeter Concepts Overview
- recognize JMeter concepts including how to install and use JMeter to create a test plan
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.